Date: 10/4/19 10:59 am
From: Bill Hilton Jr. <hilton...>
Subject: Hilton Pond 09/01/19 (#700--And More To Come!)
Although we checked off a new insect species “This Week at Hilton Pond,” the really big news for us is this latest installment is our 700th post since back in February 2000. That’s a LOT of words and images over 19 years!

As with the majority of our photo essays, the current one for 1-30 September 2019 is devoted to a potpourri of things we witnessed at the Center during the current period, from butterflies to hummingbirds and fruiting trees to an endangered wildflower hosting a predatory insect.

As always we include a tally of all birds banded or recaptured, plus an acknowledgment for folks who have helped support us as of late.

To read all about it, please visit https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.hiltonpond.org_ThisWeek190901.html&d=DwIFaQ&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=wUL_L8fV3ErGzbXyCwyIuPf7Spr8s6d118xe_f9UsSg&s=IIokt3B0ADAXMBtURkgXOxWNUQTpoaJMyrKbs0isARk&e= And then sit back and riffle through the previous 699 installments to see what you might have missed! :-)

Happy Nature Watching (and Reading)!

BILL

Please "Like" our new Facebook pages at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.facebook.com_HiltonPond&d=DwIFaQ&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=wUL_L8fV3ErGzbXyCwyIuPf7Spr8s6d118xe_f9UsSg&s=Ii_L-UXegJOflSaXUF3gteZHnqG_eFXx98A7U2ZwUzk&e= for timely updates on nature topics,
and for info about hummingbirds at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.facebook.com_rubythroats&d=DwIFaQ&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=wUL_L8fV3ErGzbXyCwyIuPf7Spr8s6d118xe_f9UsSg&s=MSloe9Ug29M7Z1qGLy1myxBSTgfRBLFdD2zdbM_9rOc&e=

Follow us on Twitter @hiltonpond

========

DR. BILL HILTON JR., Executive Director
office & cell (803) 684-5852

The mission of Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History is "to conserve plants, animals, habitats, and other natural components of the Piedmont Region of the eastern United States through observation, scientific study, and education for students of all ages.

"Never trust a person too lazy to get up for sunrise or too busy to watch the sunset." BHjr.

Join us on Facebook!