Date: 10/4/19 10:41 am
From: Zia Fukuda <zialeefukuda...>
Subject: [obol] Winner of September OBA Photo Contest AND a "spookatacular" October contest!
Hello all and happy Autumn!
I'm happy to announce the winning photo for September's OBA photo Contest
was the Pied-billed grebe (with a cute hitchhiker!) taken by Ryan Hooper on
August 2nd at the Crystal Springs Rhodendron Garden.
Folks thought the photo was "Well done" "Amazing!" And "Beautiful!"
Make sure to check out the adorable photo on the front page of the OBA
website: https://oregonbirding.org/
it will be up all month!

I also want to thank EVERYONE who submitted last month! The competition was
fierce and the photos speak for themselves! Everyone who entered received
votes, so thank you and keep on capturing those amazing moments!

ALSO! After recieving multiple suggestions last year for a themed
Contest, we thought this would be a good month to have a "Spooky" themed
photo contest!

Rules are the same EXCEPT THERE IS NO DATE LIMIT! Have a photo you think
might fit the theme but you took it in 2010? No problem!

Of course, folks don't have to participate in the theme, but it might be
fun! As usual, please limit to one submission per person, and submit them
directly to me by October 14th at 5:00 PM. Don't forget to add the date,
species, and location for your submission!
Check out the formal rules for this month's contest here!

https://oregonbirding.org/oba-monthly-photo-contest/

If you've already sent me a submission for the month but want to change it
for the theme, please don't hesitate to contact me with a different one!

Cheers,
Zia Fukuda

Join us on Facebook!