Date: 10/3/19 10:11 pm
From: <cgates326...>
Subject: [obol] Thailand Questions
I apologize to the majority of OBOLites for this email. Delete now if you
know nothing about birding Thailand.

We've been planning a birding trip to Thailand for a while and have
struggled with finding an acceptable birding tour or birding guide. We have
settled on the idea of organizing the trip ourselves. We want to visit a
few widespread lodges and arrange for local guides through those lodges.
We've looked online and there are a lot of choices. I'm seeking some
suggestions and advise from the OBOL community about the best lodges in
Thailand. Here's what we're looking for:

1. We would like fairly good accommodations - electricity, decent food,
protection from the environment (bugs), wifi at least part of the time.
2. We would like to have English-speaking guides
3. We would like to be able to hire transportation to and from the
lodges
4. We want to be close to the major birding sites - Doi Inthanon, Khao
Yai, Bangkok, Kaeng Krachan.
5. We will be in country for about 3 weeks so we would like to cover
some ground but also want to stay multiple days in each location
6. We want to spend a few days in less-birding mode so we can relax a
bit, experience some culture, snorkel and boat a bit.

If you have some good suggestions or ideas, can you contact me off OBOL?

Chuck Gates
Prineville Bird Club
Crooked River Wetlands Volunteer
541-280-4957
Powell Butte,
Central Oregon Oregon Birding Site Guide
<http://www.ecaudubon.org/birding-locations>
http://www.ecaudubon.org/birding-locations
Oregon County Checklists
<http://www.ecaudubon.org/county-checklists>