Date: 10/3/19 3:08 pm
From: DJLauten and KACastelein <deweysage...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Snowy Plovers, Sitka Sedge SNA, Tillamook Co.
Thanks Wink!  See below.......

On 10/2/2019 9:20 PM, Wink Gross wrote:
> On Saturday, Sep 28, I counted 22 SNOWY PLOVERS on the beach at
> Sitka Sedge SNA (Tierra del Mar, Tillamook). Here are the band combos
> for 7 of them:
>
> green/blue:black

6/25/2017 hatch year Bandon Beach Coos Cty

> white/lime:orange
7/9/18  hatch year North Overlook Douglas Cty

> lime/red/lime:yellow

More than likely this is L/R/L:N - brown not yellow.    These two colors
are easy to confuse.   The brown is buckskin colored, and it tends to
look like dull yellow.    Yellow is bright yellow and never looks
dull.    The reason I know this is probably brown is because L/R/L:N was
banded 7/1/2015 at South Overlook Douglas Cty.   The last time we had a
L/R/L:Y was in 2007.

> orange/yellow/orange:white

6/16/16 hatch year Bandon Beach Coos Cty

> red/blue:blue

6/6/2019 South Overlook Douglas Cty, this is a hatch year from this year

> blue/yellow:orange

8/5/19 North Tahkenitch Douglas Cty, again a hatch year from this year

> white/blue:blue

6/16/19 North Overlook, another hatch year from this year

Thanks Wink, very much appreciated!!!!

Cheers

Dave Lauten

Oregon Biodiversity Information Center

Institute for Natural Resources

PSU

> On Sunday, I counted a total of 23.
>
> Great to see so many. Keep up the good work!
>
> Wink
> POST: Send your post to <obol...>
> UNSUBSCRIBE: //www.freelists.org/list/obol

POST: Send your post to <obol...>