Date: 10/3/19 9:51 am
From: <reports...>
Subject: [birders] Detroit River Hawk Watch (03 Oct 2019) 2 Raptors

Unknown Falcon 0 0 0
Unknown Eagle 0 0 0
Unknown Raptor 0 0 0

Total: 2 1316 68669

Observation start time: 08:00:00
Observation end time: 11:00:00
Total observation time: 3 hours

Official Counter: Kevin Georg

Observers: Andrew Sturgess, Mark Hainan, Rosemary Brady, Sam Heilman

Visitors:
One brave visitor from Ohio came to our site today. We tried to entertain
with yarns and tall tales from our collection of rainy day stories.

Weather:
Consistent. Wet drizzle with low hanging clouds that showed a reluctance to
leave at the forecast time. The barometer was low and supposed to go lower
until rebounding later in the day after our normal Miller Time.

Raptor Observations:
The 99% humidity might have put the birds off a little as we only saw 2
kestrels this morning. A local osprey, who after all does not mind getting
wet, made a flyby in the misty haze.

Non-raptor Observations:
One common tern was observed with the normal Forster's terns feeding in
front of us. Zero blue jays were noted.

Predictions:
I still like tomorrow for birds. Barometer will have a marked increase and
winds will have a northern element. I am relying on a forecast that missed
by a few hours today but after the low clears I would expect birds to come
with the high pressure.
Report submitted by Andrew Sturgess (<ajyes72...>)
Detroit River Hawk Watch information may be found at:
http://www.detroitriverhawkwatch.org

More site information at hawkcount.org: http://hawkcount.org/siteinfo.php?rsite=285

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<44ba33caa0794001709fea73c74965e5...>