Date: 10/3/19 9:28 am
From: Jamie Simmons <sapsuckers...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Pale Varied Thrush at Fields
Thanks for sharing that information, Brodie.
Through the years the "aberrant plumaged" individuals have been
reported occasionally on OBOL. While striking and surprising to see, I
would say their level of rareness is exaggerated in the BNA account.
I reported one in 2002 that I viewed in Port Angeles, Washington.
More recently (10 years ago?) excellent photos were posted by a friend
on Facebook from the mid-Willamette Valley or Cascades foothills and
noted on OBOL.

Jamie Simmons
Corvallis

On Wed, Oct 2, 2019 at 9:55 PM <jeffharding...> wrote:

> Jeff,
> I've seen one once, behind the office I had in Lebanon in the 90's.
> At the same time there was a Dusky Thrush in British Columbia, so I looked carefully at the bird I had at the office.
> Jeff
>
> Get Outlook for Android
>

> On Wed, Oct 2, 2019 at 9:35 PM -0700, "Jeff Gilligan" <jeffgilligan10...> wrote:
>
>> If I recall correctly the bird photographed is similar to the first (only?) to have occurred in Europe - I think on Scilly. As I recall, these very pale ones are from the most northerly part of the specie’s range. I have never seen one.
>>
>> Jeff Gilligan
>>

>> On Oct 2, 2019, at 7:37 PM, <jeffharding...> wrote:
>>
>> Patricia found a white and gray Varied Thrush at Fields Oasis late this afternoon. It had just a hint of orange on the belly.<DSCN1395.JPG>
>>

>> Get Outlook for Android

POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!