Date: 10/3/19 7:18 am
From: Will Cook <cwcook...>
Subject: D-Town Bird Club Meeting - Durham, NC, Tue 10/8/19
Birders in the Durham, NC area may be interested in this effort, led by new-ish birder Thomas C. Ferguson Jr., to start a new bird club in Durham. Tom got interested in birding recently as therapy for life's troubles. This is the second meeting - the first meeting a month or so ago featured ABA president Jeff Gordon. Free food and beers provided (wish I could go!).

Details at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_events_549531245586684_&d=DwIGaQ&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=TarTlEgwCyDmfOL8_l4tXQ5XNIMfibgasXdTT0NEKK0&s=7VCEMg2K5TzKRdc1UqzFOFhupjHnMJIZPY8i2oMH9kg&e= or see below to save a click.

----------------------
Birds are Special

By Greg Barbera

Birds are special. We all know this because that is why we seek them out. And that is why we are all a part of D-Town Bird Club.
At our next meeting, you can expect good food and some craft beer. And lots of talk about birds.

We'll meet on October 8th from 6-8pm at WeWork's Durham location. 300 Morris Street, 7th Floor, Durham, NC.

If you consider looking at this club like a child, we are a mere toddler still learning to walk. While toddlers need parents to guide them, parents also find themselves seeing the word differently through the lives of their children.

Just as we value the uniqueness of all the different species in the avian world, we also value the fact that differences can be embraced in this human world we fly around in.

So we are going to take a page out of the speed dating playbook and do a quick session of Q&A’s to help us all get to know each other and to help get this toddler walking and talking.

We look forward to seeing all of you from last time, and hopefully, a few new faces as well.

Learn. Embrace. Enjoy.

Let’s do this!

--
Charles W. (Will) Cook