Date: 10/3/19 6:53 am
From: Steve Long <steve.long4...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Migrants
The Canadas seem to be coming in large numbers, now.  It was hard to
tell the early arrivals from the unusually large number of "residents"
this summer.  A white goose appeared with the Canadas this morning, and
I was thinking maybe Ross's, but it turned out to be a Snow Goose when I
got the 60x on it.  It is probably the same Snow Goose that was hanging
around with the resident Canadas this spring.  Maybe wounded last
hunting season - I have never seen it fly.

This year, I seem to have a Cooper's Hawk instead of the usual
Sharpshinned hanging around my bird feeders.  It's obviously larger and
isn't flying straight into dense bushes like the Sharpies do.

Steve Long, Oxford