Date: 10/2/19 9:55 pm
From: <jeffharding...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Pale Varied Thrush at Fields
Jeff,

I've seen one once, behind the office I had in Lebanon in the 90's.

At the same time there was a Dusky Thrush in British Columbia, so I looked carefully at the bird I had at the office.

Jeff

Get Outlook for Android

On Wed, Oct 2, 2019 at 9:35 PM -0700, "Jeff Gilligan" <jeffgilligan10...> wrote:

If I recall correctly the bird photographed is similar to the first (only?) to have occurred in Europe - I think on Scilly.    As I recall, these very pale ones are from the most northerly part of the specie’s range.  I have never seen one.
Jeff Gilligan

On Oct 2, 2019, at 7:37 PM, <jeffharding...> wrote:
Patricia found a white and gray Varied Thrush at Fields Oasis late this afternoon. It had just a hint of orange on the belly.<DSCN1395.JPG>

Get Outlook for Android

Join us on Facebook!