Date: 10/2/19 6:32 pm
From: Andy Thomas <dmarc-noreply...> (Redacted sender adt0611 for DMARC)
Subject: [obol] Re: Steller's imitating Red-tail
There's a Steller's Jay in my neighborhood that occasionally seems to mimic a Red-tail. As far as I can tell, it does not affect the behavior of the other nearby birds. I wonder if they would be in trouble if an actual Red-tailed Hawk turned up. They might mistake it for the Stellar's. :-)
Andrew ThomasWest Linn, Clackamas Co.

On Wednesday, October 2, 2019, 2:54:14 PM PDT, David Heath <drheath82...> wrote:

I just had a Steller's Jay off my back deck making repeated attempts at
a Red-tailed Hawk call. The first couple of attempts were almost
passable, but the quality deteriorated quickly into an otherwise
unidentifiable croak.

David
Cedar Mill, WashCo

POST: Send your post to <obol...>