Date: 10/2/19 3:14 pm
From: 'Ted on Little Round Bay' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Bird ID Help Request - Pewee, Phoebe or both?
Please take a look at the 5 photos. I assumed they were all Eastern Wood
Pewees, but now I'm no longer sure.

All are in Crownsville (Palisades on the Severn next to Smith's Marina), in
a bush right next to the water (Severn River). The 1st 2 photos are from
today. There were 2 birds today, and I think I heard a Phoebe call this
morning. The last 3 are from a few days ago. The bird behavior seemed
about the same in all 5 photos. i.e. the bird would perch on a low branch
and jump to the ground and back mostly to the same branch. The bird today
(photo 2) was actually skimming the water (Severn River) while I was out on
the dock to my surprise. The breast today did seem yellowish to me. I
don't recall if at all yellow on photos 3,4,&5 but it could have been the
angle.

I do not recall seeing any tail flicking.

Any positive help would be great. I need to fix my ebird posting if all or
any are a phoebe.

Thanks very much.

Ted Delaplaine