Date: 10/1/19 7:27 pm
From: Bob Archer <rabican1...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Warm Springs Bird Surveys
Hi:

A few years ago I asked Warm Springs about birding the western edge of
their nation. The rest of us are allowed to go 100 feet or yds off each
side of the Pacific Crest trail, other than that it is no trespass. You can
get a day fishing permit to go into the nation and bird the lakes around
Olallie Butte, There are numerous logging roads in area as well. I think a
good bit of the SW part of Warm Springs is accessible.

My goal was to find breeding Rosy-Finch in Wasco County. The highest
point in Wasco is the SW corner on Olallie Butte, (that snow capped point
just to the north of Jefferson). It is sacred to them so I did not ask to
hike up there. I am looking forward to the opportunity to hit parts of
Wasco I have not been able to reach.

Bob Archer
PDX