Date: 10/1/19 4:10 pm
From: Fred Kaluza <fkaluza...>
Subject: [birders] Fwd: [Dplex-L] No spraying was done last night (8PM Sunday night through 4AM Monday morning) in Michigan

Forwarded with Sandra’s permission.
She is being told that so many opt-out messages were received that the resulting mosaic of parcels became unmanageable for the applicators.  You think that would cancel the activity?  Sandra brings up a great point.  As an adulticide, and with the time from egg to adult being about 12 days, wouldn’t you have to spray every evening for 12 days in order to completely break the cycle?  So, frustrated by the opt-outs, I hear the state has (at least in some cases) declared an “emergency” and has told people they may no longer opt out!  Can you believe this?

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<C3C3114294EDD93D.E0E22DD0-ACAE-4A29-ACF7-68DF35D9FEC9...>

Join us on Facebook!