Date: 10/1/19 3:06 pm
From: Polly Alexander <pollysalexander...>
Subject: [obol] Veery in NW PDX
Maybe it’s just a coincidence, or maybe Wink’s Veery flew down the hill to my back yard, but I saw one a couple of hours ago hopping from tree to tree along my back fence. I got a great look - quite rufous, lots of white belly, spots were lighter and redder than Swainson’s, and finally what seemed like a fairly distinct eye ring. Having lived most of my birding life on the East Coast, I have seen many Veerys and feel confident about this ID. Either Wink’s bird is not alone, or he has flown no more than a couple of miles to my house.

Polly AlexanderPOST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!