Date: 10/1/19 2:27 pm
From: Elaine Hendricks <ehendric48...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Common Gallinule at Patuxent South Tract
There is a Common Gallinule at the Patuxent Research Refuge South Tract in
PG County. It was photographed earlier today by a birder who listed it as
“duck sp” on her eBird checklist. I was able to see it through my scope
from the middle of the floating bridge at the south end of Cash Lake. It
was very far out, sitting up on the lily pads, near the far edge of the
vegetation.

The refuge trails are open until sunset.

Elaine Hendricks
Greenbelt, MD