Date: 10/1/19 12:50 pm
From: Bettina Heffner <BettinaHef...>
Subject: Lancaster Co Bird Club presents Jeff Gordon of ABA on 10/10/19
The Lancaster County Bird Club will meet Thursday, October 10, 2019 at 7:00 pm in the auditorium of the Farm and Home Center, 1383 Arcadia Rd., Lancaster, PA.

Jeffrey Gordon, President of the American Birding Association (ABA), will present It's Too Late to Stop Now: Sharing the Gospel of Birding in the 21st Century. The ABA, founded in 1969, is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year. Join Jeff for a celebration of the power of birding to heal and transform, not only our own lives but even our world. He will share some of the highlights of the ABA's first half century and from his own 40+ years as a birder. But most of all, he will talk about the path to 2069 and how we advance boldly toward making the world a better place for the birds and birders who will follow us. His presentation will be a humorous, heartfelt and opinionated look at the joys, virtues and occasional frustrations of a life spent birding, the road we've traveled together and what lies ahead.

Jeff is a well-known writer, photographer, tour leader, and naturalist. He is a frequent speaker and field leader at various birding and nature festivals. For more information on the ABA and Jeff, visit www.aba.org<http://www.aba.org/>.

A short business meeting will precede the program. The public is invited to attend free of charge and may call 717-984-2738 with questions. More information about the club can be found on its website at www.lancasterbirdclub.org<http://www.lancasterbirdclub.org/> and on Facebook @ Lancaster Bird Club.