Date: 10/1/19 12:00 pm
From: Fred Kaluza <fkaluza...>
Subject: [birders] Peregrine Feeding Habits

I regularly see Peregrines in downtown Mt. Clemens.  While I understand their need to return prey to the nesting sites on rooftops while chicks are growing, do they return ALL kills to the nest site for the rest of the year to dine on their own even though the kids have gone?  The reason I ask is...what do the rooftops look like?  I figure that perhaps with one Pigeon per day, the carnage must start to pile up after a while.  Do building maintenance people have to remove the remains of hundreds and hundreds of bird skeletons every year after the soft parts are eaten and the feathers blow away?

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<C3C3114294EDD93D.C6D7FA04-789D-49D0-BD9C-14E98D095BCA...>

Join us on Facebook!