Date: 10/1/19 6:47 am
From: David Bailey <davidcbaileyoregon...>
Subject: [obol] Re: northbound V-g's
Steve Warner and I saw this same thing, a northward movement of a few
hundred Violet-green Swallows at the Necanicum Overlook in Seaside (Clatsop
County) on Sunday evening 29 October. The swallows were between the shore
and perhaps a quarter mile inland. The wind was cold and from the east at
the time.

David C. Bailey
Seaside, Oregon

On Tue, Oct 1, 2019, 02:47 Phil Pickering <philliplc...> wrote:

> Speaking of common bird events I saw a very thin but
> near continuous trickle (175 in about 2 hours) of Violet-
> green Swallows all moving purposely north at elevation
> over the Immonen Rd clear-cut just SE of Siletz Bay
> Monday AM. They were fairly spread out passing over
> the ridge so I may have been seeing a small part of a
> larger diffuse northward movement. No other swallow
> species detected.
>
> Phil

Join us on Facebook!