Date: 9/30/19 11:17 pm
From: <clearwater...>
Subject: [obol] Actual real birds in Oregon
Hello all,

I understand that, at a certain point after you've seen all of the birds that could reasonably be expected in Oregon, and a few more, you might be jaded enough to enjoy these discussions about hypothetical species like Couch's Kingbird.

But there's a hell of a lot more happening right now, for people who enjoy movements of more common birds.

Golde-crowned Sparrows and Sooty Fox Sparrows are arriving in the Willamette Valley. Hermit Thrushes and Varied Thrushes are starting to move downslope. Neotropical migrants are making their last, fleeting appearances of the season. Barn Swallows are still massing in corn fields, and Swainson's Thrushes can be heard flying over in the night.

I do understand the appeal of "rare" birds,as novelties. But birding is so much more. You are literally following the pulse of the planet.

Happy migration,
Joel

--
Joel Geier
Greater Tampico, northern Benton County.

Join us on Facebook!