Date: 9/30/19 6:32 pm
From: <badgerboy...>
Subject: Re: [External] conservation stamps
The hunting model is an great example of resource extraction, the exact
opposite of what all natural predators do, which is recycle materials in
the local environment. I have long advocated developing an alternative
stamp which is used for non-extractive wildlife enjoyment. This would
keep nutrients in a tight cycle and encourage the top predators we all
love to see, as well as feed back from the human economic system.

Guy McGrane, Deep Gap, NC

On 9/30/2019 12:55 PM, "Shultz, Steven" (via carolinabirds Mailing List)
wrote:

> I’ll suggest buying two J
>
> Reason… in order to use the stamps for access to NWRs that otherwise
> charge admission, you have to sign across the front of the stamp.  I
> like mine unadulterated, so one for “use” and one for the artwork.
> And wildlife gains twice!
>
> I believe that Federal waterfowl hunting stamps provide some of the
> best throughput of dollars to acres of any of the methods of
> conservation, so have been a big fan for a long time.
>
> Thanks Derb!
>
> Steve Shultz
>
> Apex NC

Join us on Facebook!