Date: 9/30/19 9:41 am
From: Russ Namitz <namitzr...>
Subject: [obol] Tillamook birds
After Sunday’s pelagic got cancelled due to bad weather, many of us went land birding. I walked the Bayocean Spit and walked up the beach 3 miles to the South Jetty. Near the end, I hit a Shorebird jackpot (for an Oregon beach) and tallied an unbanded SNOWY PLOVER, an AMERICAN & PACIFIC GOLDEN-PLOVER and a MARBLED GODWIT among others. I kicked up a LAPLAND LONGSPUR in the dunes near the Jetty.
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S60216507

I called Jimmy Billstine who is doing a Tillamook County Big Year and we, along with Bill Tice & Judy from Tennessee, converged on the beach. The flock had flown north a couple miles and was joined by more birds, adding numbers but not diversity. In the end, there were 2 AMERICAN & 2 PACIFIC GOLDEN-PLOVERS, a good side by side study.
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S60220310

Good birding,
Russ Namitz
Roseburg