Date: 9/30/19 4:13 am
From: Ron & Amy Burkert <raburkert...>
Subject: Lost Backpack and Nikkor lenses - Allegheny County
I’m sorry for the off-subject post. Reward for return of Pirates Charities black backpack and Nikkor lenses lost the evening I went to find the American avocets off of Brunots Island - September 23. I ran into and met Joe Papp for the first time and Leslie Ferree, who I met previously in Frick Park, ran into us at a river access across from the bike trail parking lot off of Preble Ave. beside Duquesne Light.

Long story short, when we decided to relocate upstream to get a better look at the large flock of blue-winged teal, I left the backpack on the concrete block I had been sitting on as the avocets floated past. It contained several Nikkor lenses. When I realized where I'd left it after emailing Joe later in the week, I went back on Friday but it was no longer there. I called the Pgh Police Zone 1 office and no one turned it into them.

I looked at eBird and didn’t see other avocet sightings after ours but maybe one of you knows someone who was there.

Please email me and I can ID the lenses and provide further contact information.

Thank you,
Ron Burkert
Oakmont
Sent from my iPhone