Date: 9/29/19 11:48 am
From: 'Steven Rovell' via mbbirds <mbbirds...>
Subject: Re: [MBBIRDS] Monterey County vs. Santa Cruz County fall migration mystery
Hi Birders -

I might point out that there generally ARE updrafts over the ocean at night as opposed to during the day. In general, you get sea breezes during the day and land breezes at night. These are the result of convection currents that move air between the land and sea. See the diagram…

Steve Rovell
Marina