Date: 9/29/19 10:16 am
From: Lisa Larson <lisafaylarson...>
Subject: Re: [MBBIRDS] Monterey County vs. Santa Cruz County fall migration mystery
Another thought . . . the whales will also go directly across the bay at
the peril of falling prey to orcas, who need the deep water for their
method of hunting. Whales and calves would be much safer from these
predators if they stay closer to shore. Entirely different species, but
also on a migratory pattern.

Lisa