Date: 9/28/19 8:59 pm
From: Paul Sullivan <paultsullivan...>
Subject: [obol] Yamhill county Barn Swallow fall roost - relocated
After being away several days and after several days of rainy weather,
Roshana Shockley and I went looking for the Yamhill county BARN SWALLOW
roost this evening. There was a grand rainbow just east of McMinnville, but
skies were clearer down toward Grand Island.

There are cornfields on both sides of the road as you cross the bridge onto
Grand Island. We found BARN SWALLOWS circling over the field north of the
road. I estimate we saw 4-5,000 birds go down a little after 7:10 PM. The
location is 45.127222,-123.045484 There is a little circular driveway where
you can pull off the road out of traffic.

Grand Island is reached from Hwy 221 AKA Dayton - Salem Hwy.

Good swallow watching,

Paul Sullivan

McMinnville

Join us on Facebook!