Date: 9/28/19 3:13 pm
From: Larry Meade via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Dyke Marsh Birders
As part of the Kiptopeke Challenge, Ed Eder. Larry Cartwright , Deapesh Misra and I birded Dyke Marsh today. To mark their 25th anniversary,  the CVWO, expanded the KC to include anywhere on the Coastal Plain of Virginia which includes Dyke Marsh in Fairfax County. It was high tide and a bit of a gray day, so conditions were not perfect, but we managed to tally 41 bird species in the three hours that we were out. Highlights included six warbler species: Common Yellowthroat, Magnolia, Chestnut-sided, Black and White, American Redstart and Northern Parula. We also found Yellow-billed Cuckoos, Wood Ducks and a vocalizing Marsh Wren which was at the end of the boardwalk on Haul Road.
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S60180973
Larry MeadeMerrifield, VA