Date: 9/28/19 9:38 am
From: Alan Ryff <alryff...>
Subject: Re: [birders] (Non-bird) Non-bird, Non-Political, Self-Serving Post
Well, Bob, that was an amazing introduction about you.And it touched me personally.    When I was a student in Poland, my nickname was "Dudek",Polish for Hoopoe.  My hair was long, wild and crest-like. Decades have since passed.  My hair is no longer long and wild--just white.Alan
On Friday, September 27, 2019, 05:11:05 PM EDT, Bob Tarte <enslavedbyducks...> wrote:

In exchange for me super-modeling a handsome t-shirt with a Hoopoe on the front, bird-themed clothing company Birdtitude agreed to run an interview with me about birding – and to claim that I am "hilarious." Although this was a quid pro quo, no state or federal laws were broken.
https://birdtitude.com/blogs/birding-blog/bob-tarte-interview

--Bob Tarte
NEW BOOK:FEATHER BRAINEDMy Bumbling Quest to Become a Birder and Find a Rare Bird On My Own
(University of Michigan Press)
 OTHER BOOKS:Enslaved By DucksFowl WeatherKitty Cornered
www.BobTarte.com

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<85B25451-FF13-4B66-A554-1CBE3191CA0D...>

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org