Date: 9/27/19 11:37 pm
From: celata <celata...>
Subject: [obol] Re: fall kingbirds
Speaking as someone who has seen flocks of fall kingbirds (they are annual on the north cast and I have a photo from Seaside with 3), every kingbird I've heard has been a Tropical. So, either all vagrant Couch's are silent or the frequency of occurances of Couch's is low enough to be statistically insignificant.The notion that silent kingbirds should been listed as tropical/couch doesn't match our current understanding of kingbird distribution based on lots of field data.  Those who want to make an arguement to the contrary are welcomed to get out in field and challenge the data with their own rigorous field work rather than outdated opinion.https://www.flickr.com/search/?path=mbalame&nsid=&page=&details=1&w=24226259@N06&q=Tropical----------Mike PattersonSomewhere on the roadSent via the Samsung Galaxy Tab E, an AT&T 4G LTE tablet

Join us on Facebook!