Date: 9/27/19 9:26 pm
From: Priscilla Sokolowski <priscillanhk...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Husonian Godwit Thursday???
Barry and anyone else interested:

While the two eBirders who visited Fern Ridge on Thursday did not report
the Hudsonian Godwit, a half-dozen of us did see that bird today, Friday.
We were an 1/8 mile west of the observation platform on the west-running
dike. The bird was slightly west of due south, across the open expanse of
water near the far shore of what is either a large island or peninsula,
depending on whether the far side of it is a mudflat or inundated with
water. The bird was quite a distance away and either a scope or a long
lens full DSLR would be needed to see it well enough for a positive ID.
There was more water present today than in recent days according to those
present, and the main reservoir is near full capacity. (Pond 6 is an
impoundment whose water level I believe is controlled by pumps, so I'm not
sure if water is being added for the sake of duck hunters or not). There
were hunters present here and there, though I heard no shooting between 9
and Noon.

We also so the White-faced Ibis. This was from the dike running south from
the observation platform, in the pond on the east side (Pond 5, I'm pretty
sure it is). We walked several hundred yards south on that dike. After
finding, it, in a little while the bird flew north a hundred yards and
landed near the dike in shallow water. After a while it returned further
south again. It was a bit skittish.

GWF Geese were mixed with Canada or Cackling Geese. The GWFG did most of
the flying around and landing again. Groups of Greater Yellowlegs and
Dowitchers - half dozen or so each,, as well as one Wilson's Snipe and a
small group of Pipits rounded out the morning. These were all along the
dike south of the platform, but on the west side - close to the dike in
pond 6.

Good Luck if you go out there!

Priscilla Sokolowski