Date: 9/27/19 7:48 pm
From: Beverly Hallberg <bhallbergskloot...>
Subject: [obol] Sterna at Kelly Pt Park, Portland today - ID help?
Hi all, Anybody want to venture a guess on the id of this small tern that
was flying down next to Sauvie Island on the Columbia going south and east
and then went over to the Washington side of the Columbia where the large
ships are located. For awhile I think he landed on one of the boats "New
Endeavor" but then reappeared to the west again and then I lost him
somewhere on the beach.

There was another Common Tern on the Columbia near the Sea Scout base this
morning so I am guessing this is a second Common Tern. I did not see any
dark wedges on the wing tips however. The tail seems deeply forked but not
terribly long and the neck is short and stubby but the looks were not very
close through the scope.

Here is a Flickr album with 6 of the best photos.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHk57e1

Thank you!
Beverly Hallberg

Join us on Facebook!