Date: 9/27/19 9:11 am
From: Andrew McGann <andrew.mcgann...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Old bird, young fledgling
Very interesting indeed. I also observed very late-nesting Cardinals this
year, with a nest still containing multiple young, being fed by parents on
Saturday September 14, 2019, at Rocky Ridge County Park in York County, PA.
This persistent warm, dry weather pattern doesn't make the birds seem crazy
for drawing out their nesting activities this summer. I'm more curious what
the season-long nesting history was for these birds. How many broods did
they have? Did any of those nests fail, etc.?

Best,
Andy McGann

Washington, DC