Date: 9/27/19 8:07 am
From: 'Jackie P' via Birders <birders...>
Subject: Re: [enviro-semich] Re: [birders] Decline of the North American avifauna - "3 billion birds" paper
It’s not “my party.” Honestly, I think your best shot is if Democrats weren’t as venomous and hostile and petty and childish towards people that didn’t self-identify as Dems, that would go a long way towards getting legislation and policy that’s better for birds. What I think is even more important is overuse of pesticides and all of your complacence with it. You all live down there in the big city, where every lawn is perfectly manicured, where you can go to any hardware store or big box store and purchase almost any kind of pesticide, and where True Green or whatever applicator comes out every other week, where your municipal properties are sprayed for everything, where your power lines and waterbodies are sprayed for everything’s try going after your local governments to control knotweed or you all or going to be in big trouble (feel free to google that and look up MISIN). Maybe if the MDNR wasn’t spending millions on Bs CISMAS to pretend that they are doing any good and making any progress to reduce invasive species (it’s not and the program is a big joke with literally zero results as far as invasives go - not any PR out there saying any actual accomplishments except spending money and employing new college grads with zero experience and little knowledge). You want to talk about bird friendly legislation? Just a few ideas - Try working on all them! Start local. Then take on the world. Doesn’t look too good when you’re telling everyone how bad they are when you do nothing except watch some birds and pretend like that is doing anything.

Jackie

Sent from my iPhone

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<134E1572-F486-4DF1-BDF8-5CDCFBAE82AE...>