Date: 9/27/19 7:23 am
From: Susan Horvath <shorvath...>
Subject: Re: [birders] Strange bird behavior
It's not uncommon for a fruiting tree with a really heavy fruit set
one year to take a break the next year in order to rebuild its energy.
My woods have oaks, hickories and black walnuts. I haven't noticed
many walnuts or acorns so far this year, but we have a really heavy
hickory crop. The squirrels have been very busy! It's been raining
shells and rejected nut meats for several weeks.

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/CAMrXOUZM%<3DTAm-SBKxGRA3kyKF3Kfym-wTdqnXpC9yzPXjzDY1A...>

Join us on Facebook!