Date: 9/27/19 2:22 am
From: Lars Norgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Re: More White-fronts Over Eugene Tonight
The majority of populations of arctic nesting geese worldwide are
increasing drastically, a trend that began in the 1970s. Oregon has had two
confirmed records of Tundra Bean Goose in the last 200 years . I predict
that it will get so many in the coming twenty that the species will cease
to be reviewed by ORBRC.lpn

On Fri, Sep 27, 2019, 1:40 AM JOHN S MC DONALD <bigrocketman...>
wrote:

> All evening, on 9/26/19, there has been a steady stream of Gr.
> White-fronted Geese going over the Eugene area. Considering how many came
> by previously and all those on the Oregon Coast, I'll take a guess that
> this species has had a very successful hatching season. I wonder if they
> will get crowded in their nesting areas and have to seek new territories?
> This happened to the increasing populations of snow geese in their nesting
> areas in Eastern Canada.
>

> Steve McDonald
>
> http://flickr.com/photos/22121562@N00/
> http://www.vimeo.com/user458315/videos