Date: 9/26/19 11:01 am
From: Philip Kline <pgeorgekline...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Red Crossbill Types
Hi Erik:

In my fairly limited experience in Northwestern Oregon, the general rule of
thumb seems to be that Type 3 is more common in the Coast Range and the
west side of the Cascades (this is the type I've identified most often in
the general Portland area), Type 10 is usually found on the immediate coast
and nowhere else, and Type 4 can often be found in the Cascades, but
doesn't seem to be particularly common. All this is with a huge dollop of
uncertainty and the caveat as Lars notes that they are so nomadic they can
be completely absent (or at least much harder to find) from these areas for
long periods. I would be curious to hear from others with more experience
if any of these general assumptions are incorrect.

Philip Kline

On Thu, Sep 26, 2019, 10:19 AM Tom Crabtree <tc...> wrote:

> Type 2’s can be found in profusion around Bend & Sisters.
>

> Tom Crabtree, Bend

Join us on Facebook!