Date: 9/25/19 9:15 pm
From: Dave Leibert <xdave...>
Subject: Re: Green pond, Northampton county
Howdy All,

I am still into driving past Green pond after my daily trips to 248
Starbucks. It looks like the Earth scrapers have been used in the entire
area including where the flooded fields were.

What is interesting is that a huge stormwater drainage pond has been
built just to the east from the large flooded field "pond" .

I'm hoping that perhaps some waterfowl and wading birds might use this
for foraging and a place to hang out in the future. I've been watching
some other new stormwater drainage ponds in my area and they don't seem
to have a lot of bird action. Hopefully these ponds will be kept natural
they can be utilized by wildlife. Anyone else see many birds using these
ponds? I'm curious.

There are still a few Great egrets and the big Green pond and a few blue
herons. There was a GBH looking for prey in a nearby field the other day
which was cool to see.

Happy birding,
Dave

Join us on Facebook!