Date: 9/25/19 5:30 pm
From: Fred Kaluza <fkaluza...>
Subject: Re: [birders] Strange bird behavior

Whatever they were after must have been worth the risk!  Let us know if you figure it out. This time of year I see giant Mantids (non-native) and those Brown Marmorated Stinkbugs (also non-native) starting to come around again.  I also never thought of Rock Doves as big insect eaters ‘tho.  Who knows...Maybe they've got a taste for Mullet or Goby chased to the surface by other predators?

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<D5BFF73E-FC06-4BEA-9F39-17D4D020F2FD...>

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<C3C3114294EDD93D.48F93A19-A017-49E8-A435-6565BC00212B...>