Date: 9/25/19 1:36 pm
From: Larry McQueen <larmcqueen...>
Subject: [obol] Wed morning, Eugene
The perfect morning to find a lifer at Fern Ridge. I (Larry) have been missing chances to seek the Hudwit* (Alcon contraction) and this was the day to view it in the usual feeding area west of the lookout. As we arrived, just past the gate was a collection of sparrows, dominated in number by immature White-crowns (a few adults). A Vesper Sparrow might have been seen but poorly. We quit earlier than usual, after studying our target bird.
32 species

Greater White-fronted Goose large number sw collected sw of , maybe 100+
Cackling Goose some mixed with white-fronts
Northern Pintail 10
Western Grebe 1
Mourning Dove 1
Black-bellied Plover 5
Killdeer scattered
Least Sandpiper 12
Long-billed Dowitcher 10
Greater Yellowlegs 30+
* Hudsonian Godwit 1
Ring-billed Gull numbers increased
Great Blue Heron 4
Great Egret 6
Red-shouldered Hawk 1
Northern Flicker 1
California Scrub-Jay 1
Common Raven 1
Barn Swallow few always in view
Black-capped Chickadee 4
Bushtit 1
Bewick’s Wren 1
European Starling 1
House Finch 2
Savannah Sparrow several
Song Sparrow 4
Lincoln’s Sparrow 2
White-crowned Sparrow 15
Golden-crowned Sparrow 4
Western Meadowlark 1 heard singing
Red-winged Blackbird 20
Yellow-rumped Warbler 1

Randy Sinnott, Tom Cable, Ellen Cantor, Sylvia Maulding, Rosie Hammond, Steve Dignam, Rachael Frieze, Sue Hutchinson, and Larry McQueen

Join us on Facebook!