Date: 9/25/19 9:19 am
From: Gail Mackiernan <katahdinss...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Active morning at Wheaton Regional Park today 9/25
Hi all,

Birdcast radar showed a strong migrant movement overnight, and that was reflected in birds on the ground this morning. While the “ridge” area was quiet, we encountered a very large active flock in and around the site of the now-vanished white house, which kept us busy for a long while. A fair percentage remained unidentified. As that flock melted away, action moved to Pine Lake. We ended up in Brookside
Gardens where the Salvia display still hosts hummingbirds (and photographers) and a fruiting sour gum tree was attracting thrushes and tanagers.

In all we personally saw 14 species of warbler, 4 vireos, and 3 thrushes - as well as FOS Ruby-crowned Kinglets. Nice to get good looks at Blackpolls, Baybreasts and couple of cooperative Philadelphia Vireos along the lake.

Gail Mackiernan and Barry Cooper
Colesville

56 species (+1 other taxa)

Yellow-billed Cuckoo 1
Chimney Swift 8
Ruby-throated Hummingbird 3 Brookside Gardens at Salvia disolay
Northern Harrier 1 Flyover, immature
Red-shouldered Hawk 2
Belted Kingfisher 1
Hairy Woodpecker 2