Date: 9/24/19 5:48 pm
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] Curry Birds
Terry Wahl called today with a mystery bird. Not sure when I will see pics
but it may be a Lark Bunting from his description. This would be on the
family ranch near Cape Blanco.

On Saturday I led a Shorebird trip to Curry. AZ SP was slow- best bird
maybe Willow Fly. Very few warblers. Port Orford harbor area loaded with
Rhino Auklets as were many coastal areas on festival. Best bird was an
adult SABINE’S GULL that flew in and landed on beach then flew back out
after a while. Floras Lake was windy by time we arrived. Most memorable
birds perhaps was the 2 mile+ slick of Surf Scoters- we guessimated over
3000 but it just kept going who knows how far?

Merry migration!
Tim R
Coos Bay

Join us on Facebook!