Date: 9/24/19 5:39 am
Subject: Re: 3 Billion birds gone
All,

Parkin is right. The micro stuff is stuff we can do, should do, and will make a difference. But the big picture is what the science tells us. Today habitats are moving north at 15ft/day. If we don’t figure out a way to go carbon neutral by 2050 the world will look very different from the one we live in. Right now we are veering off of a course that would only limit warming to 3C. While, average global temperature increases of 3-4C may not seem like much, it’s 5.5-7.2F. We have to remember that is an average (it will be 2 times that in the arctic) and it’s not just temperature. We all know hurricanes will be stronger because of the extra heat in the ocean, we will have larger down pours as moisture in the air increases 7% with each 1C. But by 2050, we will have desertification of large parts of our Southwest, Southern Europe, Southern Asia, and Africa leading to famine and water scarcity for 100’s of millions of people. This along with sea-level rise will mean 100’s of millions of climate refugees from the world's coastal cities. Most of the oceans today will be hot-dead zones of acidic water. There is no Planet B. Our progress, in moving to a carbon free economy is not anywhere near fast enough to avoid this fate for our (today’s) children, much less future generations. Just ask yourself, what if the Scientists are right? Listen to the science. Listen to the birds.

Good Birding,
Gary
“We Do Not Inherit the Earth from Our Ancestors; We Borrow It from Our Children”
Wendell Berry

Join us on Facebook!