Date: 9/23/19 9:51 pm
From: Roger Kuhlman <rkuhlman...>
Subject: RE: [birders] Decline of the North American avifauna - "3 billion birds" paper
I am very sorry to point out the basic ecological truth concerning the present loss of biodiversity and climate change that it ecologically impossible to have 7.7 billion people in the World all consuming at average American consumption levels let alone 10 to 11 billion in 2100. Expect much more species extinctions, biodiversity and natural habitat loss in the future.

I would also point out that I did not say that rich American White Men and Evil Greedy American corporations have no responsibility for North American bird loss only that they are not responsible for a majority or even most of it. Some powerful political interests including many corporations in America want to spin it this way to advance their own political control and economic self-interests of building Big Federal Government-Corporation alliances. These are the people that are happy to see fast population growth continue in America and the American population grow to 500 to 600 million by 2100 through Mass Immigration. I ask you if America is a mess environmentally today, how will having 500 to 600 million people in 2100 make it richer in biodiversity and natural habitats. Clearly It Will Not.

Roger Kuhlman

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<DM6PR14MB277779D81CEA5A20908080A0C5840...>

Join us on Facebook!