Date: 9/23/19 4:06 pm
From: reports--- via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Harvey's Knob (23 Sep 2019) 44 Raptors

Unknown Falcon 0 0 0
Unknown Eagle 0 0 0
Unknown Raptor 0 2 4

Total: 44 6104 6180

Observation start time: 08:30:00
Observation end time: 15:30:00
Total observation time: 7 hours

Official Counter: Don Aldridge

Observers: Baron & Tina Gibson, Phillip Ferguson

Visitors:
A couple from Blacksburg picked Harvey’s Knob over Hanging Rock today and
stayed for a few hours. Matt and Bob stopped by for lunch as they were on a
Fall Warbler Hunt. Garland came early and assisted thru lunch and showed us
many of the wonderful pictures he has taken over the past week at the
Watch. The Bond’s stopped in as well and assisted Philip on the eastern
end of the overlook.

Weather:
High Cirrus clouds at the beginning of the watch with NW winds @ 12-15 mph
and temp at 65 deg F. Winds held for most of the Watch but by 2pm we had
overcast sky’s at 7,500’ with the temperature rising to 78 deg

Raptor Observations:
NW wind had the hawks following the west side of the ridge, passing close
to the overlook. 30 BW by 10 am gave us hope for a good day. Unfortunately
the pace slowed considerably for the rest of the Watch.

Non-raptor Observations:
Light traffic on the Parkway and just a few visitors thru the overlook. We
did pick up DE for State # 38 in our license plate watch.

Predictions:
Cold front passage tonight will make for an interesting Tuesday.
Report submitted by Matthew D Hosmer (<cumberlandmatt1...>)
Harvey's Knob information may be found at:
http://bijame.googlepages.com/home

More site information at hawkcount.org: http://hawkcount.org/siteinfo.php?rsite=482