Date: 9/23/19 12:35 pm
From: 'Lisa Sheridan' via mbbirds <mbbirds...>
Subject: Re: [MBBIRDS] Fwd: Breaking News: There are 2.9 billion fewer birds in the U.S. and Canada now than 50 years ago, a new study found, a steep decline that stunned the researchers.
Love this we can send info to add! Thank you Lisa
On Monday, September 23, 2019, Phil Brown <pdpbrown...> wrote:

I can create a page on the site for this if the board thinks that is a good idea. If I do, please let me know what content you would like.Phil
On Mon, Sep 23, 2019 at 11:53 AM Hannah Nevins <hnevins...> wrote:

On this same topic of the “Bird Crisis” - Here are resources for what you can do to protect birds:

https://www.3billionbirds.org/7-simple-actions

There is also a slate of bird-friendly bills moving through – we need to strengthen our legal protections.

American Bird Conservancy has this action alert:

https://abcbirds.org/action/petition-bird-crisis

~Hannah

From: The New York Times <nytdirect...>
Date: Thu, Sep 19, 2019, 11:09 AM
To: <leejaffe54...>

Header

Add <nytdirect...> to your address book.

Breaking News Alert

September 19, 2019

NYTimes.com »

BREAKING NEWS

There are 2.9 billion fewer birds in the U.S. and Canada now than 50 years ago, a new study found, a steep decline that stunned the researchers.

Thursday, September 19, 2019 2:04 PM EST

| |

The analysis, published in the journal Science, is the most exhaustive and ambitious attempt yet to learn what is happening to avian populations. The results have shocked researchers and conservation organizations.

Read More »

Follow NYTimes

FACEBOOK

@nytimes

Get moreNYTimes.com newsletters »

Get unlimited access to NYTimes.com and our NYTimes apps.Subscribe »

ABOUT THIS EMAIL

You received this message because you signed up for NYTimes.com's newsletter.

Unsubscribe|Manage Subscriptions |Change Your Email |Privacy Policy |Contact |Advertise

Copyright 2019 The New York Times Company
620 Eighth Avenue New York, NY 10018