Date: 9/22/19 8:23 pm
From: Jay Withgott <withgott...>
Subject: [obol] White-fronted Geese flyovers tonight

Lots of White-fronts going over SW Portland too. Susan and I counted about 3,000 at 18:30 — and just as Rudi noted, this was likely an undercount because they were very high and just below the clouds, with some disappearing into the clouds at times.

Right now (20:10-20:20) there are many hundreds more going over that I cannot count because it is dark.

From the timing and location, all these birds are certainly different than the birds noted by Rudi and by Tim. So there must be many thousands in the process of going over the region.

Jay Withgott
SW Portland

From: "Tim Janzen" <tjanzen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <woodenapple@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2019 20:10:16 -0700
I just got in from my run and heard several flocks flying over Mount Scott
in SE Portland. I don't get them here very often.
Tim Janzen
Portland