Date: 9/22/19 7:38 pm
From: reports--- via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Harvey's Knob (22 Sep 2019) 294 Raptors

Unknown Falcon 0 0 0
Unknown Eagle 0 0 0
Unknown Raptor 0 2 4

Total: 294 6060 6136

Observation start time: 09:00:00
Observation end time: 17:45:00
Total observation time: 8.75 hours

Official Counter: Andrew Newcomb

Observers: Baron & Tina Gibson, Bill James, Dillard Childress,
Phillip Ferguson

Visitors:
Thank you to Baron and Tina, and Bill for staying late and catching a
strong majority of the Broad Wings. Dillard, Phillip, Juilie and husband,
so many nice people. I know I forgot some people. I truly apologize! 4
hikers, my parents and some News Bee's

Weather:
Temperatures started out at 77° F before rising to 88°F. Day started out
with little to no cloud cover with winds to the SE, eventually turning to
partly cloudy and heading East. Definitely not the most visible day I've
seen up there with the mountain behind the diddles just out of site.

Raptor Observations:
ABE 12:23 PM(11:23), ABE 2:47 PM(1:47). Great views of both. Decent number
of accipiters getting ready for next month. Broad Wings started to really
pick up at about 4:30. Flight patterns differed throughout the day with
some close and some far.

Non-raptor Observations:
78 Green Darners, 25 Monarchs, Blue Jay's, Goldfinches, Great Crested
Flycatcher, 20 some Cedar Waxwings, Eastern Towhee, Pileated Woodpecker,
Red Headed Woodpecker, Red Admirals, Cabbage Whites, Sulphurs, Red Spotted
Purple, Ravens, BV and TVs.

Predictions:
I'm not good at predicting but maybe close to the same.
Report submitted by Kris Newcomb ()
Harvey's Knob information may be found at:
http://bijame.googlepages.com/home

More site information at hawkcount.org: http://hawkcount.org/siteinfo.php?rsite=482