Date: 9/22/19 7:32 pm
From: <woodenapple...> <woodenapple...>
Subject: [obol] Eugene Greater White-fronted Geese (big flyover)
This evening at about 6:20 I happened to step outside and heard Greater White-fronted Geese high overhead. Over the next 15 minutes I observed skein upon skein upon skein pass over going from roughly NE to SW. I estimate the total to be in excess of 7000 birds. This could be a gross underestimate because the birds I observed were flying just below the cloud deck, and it sounded as though significant numbers were flying in or above the clouds. I also have no way of knowing how many may have passed over before I stepped outside. I heard still more 45 minutes to an hour later which were not visible and apparently above the clouds.

We are located in the Santa Clara area of Eugene.

Rudi
POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!