Date: 9/22/19 7:33 pm
From: Jim Forde <jimforde...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Common Tern, Avocets in Johnson Co.
Tonight I visited Scales Pointe and scoped a COMMON TERN in transitional plumage. More Franklin's Gulls were present but the juv. Laughing Gull
was not. A 1st cycle Am. Herring Gull stood out amongst the smaller gulls.

Also, I scoped 5 AMERICAN AVOCETS from the parking lot at DNR Headquarters. They were flying around the main pool of the Hawkeye WMA but never landed. The water level is now even higher so I think the flock might be the last of the Avocets.

Jim Forde
Cedar Rapids