Date: 9/22/19 6:49 pm
From: Daniel Getman <000002b3a133f539-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Lots of hummingbirds after storm front
After the storm front moved through and the rain was finished, we had a bunch of juvenile ruby-throated hummingbirds buzzing around the feeders. At one point, I counted at least 8 fighting over the feeders, so I put up some extra feeders and took the opportunity to get some photos, under unoptimal conditions. I hope they stay around at least for tomorrow, which is supposed to be sunny and cool.

We've all seen how feisty these little birds can be, but some of these photos show just how brutal they can be with those sharp little beaks.

Photos can be found at "flickr.com/photos/dgetman/sets

Dan Getman, Kirksville, northeast MO

ABA Birding Code of Ethics
http://www.aba.org/about/ethics.html

Join us on Facebook!