Date: 9/22/19 5:26 pm
From: Jimmy McMorran <Bigshell53...>
Subject: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] Encinitas Dickcissel (9/22/19)
Hi Birders,
Thrilled that not only myself, but my daughter and wife also heard a Dickcissel calling it’s extremely unique flight/call note as it flew somewhat low overhead. We did not ID the bird by its plumage but we all clearly saw the passerine flying over as it called a couple times. I wish it would have stopped at my feeders but it did not.
On a separate note, an American Goldfinch was also heard flying over my place today. Certainly not a rarity. But very rare for my location and only my third record in six or so years at my location.
I’m now currently out of town, but the Del Mar Public Works area may be worth a good scouring. I’ll be doing that in the next few days.
Good Birding,
Jimmy McMorran
Leucadia, CA

--
Good Birding,
Jimmy McMorran,

View/Reply Online (#9967): https://groups.io/g/SanDiegoRegionBirding/message/9967
-=-=-
---
Please join us at the monthly meetings of San Diego Field Ornithologists (SDFO) at 6pm on the third Tuesday of every month in the Hoffman Room of The San Diego Foundation, 2508 Historic Decatur Rd., San Diego, CA 92106. Guests welcome, but membership encouraged for only $25 a year.
---
-=-=-

Join us on Facebook!